Home > Equipments > Battery Hydro Separation System
Battery Hydro Separation System / Battery Breaker
The most common raw material at a secondary Lead Recycling/ Smelting Unit is Lead Acid batteries. We at Gravita are capable of furnishing Battery Crushing & Battery Hydro-separation System (BCH) integrated with Acid Treatment/Neutralization System.
The basic principle of this system is to crush the material in a closed chamber by impact of rotating Hammers and separation of crushed Heavy material from lighter material by Sink & float mechanism in comparison to their density. The Scrap Batteries are fed through the belt conveyer feeder in to the Battery Crusher.
The crushed material is washed with water on vibrating screen to remove lead paste from other material. This removed lead paste with washed water is collected in a tank from where it is transferred to Filtering Equipment for separation of lead paste from washed water. Separated water is collected in a tank for Neutralization and after maintaining its pH value within limit, re-circulated back in the system.
The washed crushed material is settled in the Hydro-separation Tank which is fitted with a screw conveyor at bottom and Screw conveyor at one side at top of the Tank. The Plastics being lighter in density floats over the water and are taken out by the Screw conveyor. The Lead bearing and Separators material being heavier settles down in the Tank which is further collected by a Screw Conveyer to bins from bottom of this tank.
The Lead paste separated from Filter Unit is sent to Rotary Furnace raw material storage area for Smelting. Metallic Grid material will be sent directly to Refining / Alloying Furnace and PP chips is sent to Storage area for further Sale.
- Fully Automatic System.
- Environmental Friendly Equipment.
- Rigid Construction, High Performance & Easy Operation.
- Both, Acid Filled or Dry drained Scrap Batteries are Raw Material.
- Less Manpower Requirement & No Human Contact with the Acid Or Scrap.
- Major Parts are Made-Up of Stainless Steel; Wherever Acid comes in Contact with the Metal.
- This System is Available in 3 Tons/Hr, 5 Tons/Hr & 10 Tons/Hr Production Capacities & can be Further Customize as per the Requirement.
BCH Working Principle:
- Acid filled or Dry Drained Scrap Batteries gets crushed in the Battery Crusher System.
- PP Chips, Metallic Lead (Hard Lead) & Lead Compounds (Soft Lead, in Paste form) Separation is done by Hydro-Separation method.
- Acid generated gets neutralized at Integrated Acid Neutralization System.
- The acid filled or dry drained scrap batteries are placed on the Belt Conveyor, which takes them to the battery crusher unit.
- By the Impact of rotating hammers, batteries are crushed & broken into desired pieces.
- Separation of components from the cushed material is done by sink & float mechanism by comparing densities.
- Crushed material is washed with Water on Vibrating Screen to Remove Lead paste from other materials such as PP Chips & hard Lead.
- Lead paste with washed water is collected in a tank from where it is pumped to Filter Press for separation of the Lead Paste.
- The remaining Water goes to the Neutralization section to get neutralized with Lime water.
- After pH testing this water is recirculated in the system.
- Other cushed material containing Grids/Terminals and PP Chips are delivered in Hydro Separation Tank
- The tank is fitted with Screw Extractor to collect Grids/Terminals separately.
- PP being lighter floats on water and is taken out using another Screw Extractor.
- In this way the system avoids the hassles of handling scrap batteries and separation of the segments manually, thereby decreasing the labor cost & maintains the high industrial standards.